Thursday, December 4, 2008

Getting Started

Well I cam proud to say that I am now a carrier of human embryonic stem cells. After meeting with with the doctors and my physical therapist yesterday I received my first stem cell injection. It was a small dosage just to test my bodies reaction to the treatment but i am happy to say everything went well. I also started my physical therapy as well. The first couple of days have been long and tiresome but that is to be expected. Of course having my father and uncle freddie here have made everything go as smooth as possible. I have been visiting with other patients who have been here for awhile and love what I here. Everyone is making improvements. This has me eager and ready to get to work. This whole blogging deal is a little more difficult than I thought especially when my father and fred are whining in the background about how hungry they are. Kinda hard to concentrate so that's all for now. I promise I will keep you all posted. Also, I appreciate every one's comments. I enjoy reading them. Talk to you again real soon.

9 comments:

Alysen said...

That's awesome that other patients are saying nothing but great things about being there. Definitely a plus! I'm glad the first treatment with smoothly....many more to come!

The Klinge's said...

WooHoo! Congrats on the first good take of the stem cells, you are well on your way!!!!! Love you, Luke!

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

It's great to hear that everything is going as planned! I really appreciate you dedicating time to keep us all posted. Look forward to hearing more good news!

Lairah said...

Best of luck Luke! Keep the good news coming...
Anthony & Lairah

Grandparents C said...

Hi Lucas, It's Grandma here. Thanks to you being a world traveler, I'm having to learn a new form of communication. We're happy that you are doing well and looking forward to seeing some pictures of you in India. I spoke to Wick's mom and found out about your progress, you know how your mom is about getting on the phone,but we'll keep after her. Lots & lots of love and a long distance hug. Grandma & Grandpa

Unknown said...

Spooook!!!! Hey buddy I am so excited for you man. I am looking forward to seeing more stuff on your blog about what you have been doing some of the wonderful food you have been eating, everything. Hopefully we can talk on skype soon I was gone all weekend so I am curious what your weekend was like?

patty pass said...

Dear Lucas,
Keep your dad and Uncle Freddie well fed so they won't whine as you try to keep us posted!! We are so happy and excited for you and can't wait to hear more!! Please let us know all of the details. Send some pictures when you can. Lots of prayers and good thoughts are coming your way!!
Love Patty and Alex Pass

Marcia and Lynn in Alaska said...

This is so exciting. Can't wait to hear more. Thinking of you!
Lynn and Marcia